Application for Emergency Travel Documents

Application for Emergency Travel Documents

Please read the list of requirements carefully, a link to download this form is at the end of the requirements.


Duly filled application form in CAPITAL print;

Completion of Declaration form regarding the loss of a passport or other travel document;

Certified photocopy of passport, ( only if damaged or expired);

Two (2) colour passport-size photographs;

Certified copy of Birth Certificate;

Copy of police report in case of lost passport;

Copy of flight ticket;

Copy of Namibian ID. 

The Emergency Travel Certificate is only valid for five days from the date of issue including weekends and public holidays. Hence, all applicants are STRONGLY advised to apply for an Emergency Travel Certificate at least two (2) days prior to travel date.

Requirements for a Minor born in the UK:

  • Copy of flight ticket;
  • Copy of the passports of parents;
  • Copy of the birth certificates of parents;
  • Copy of Namibian Identity document of parents. If either parent is not a Namibian citizen, a copy of the Namibian parent should still be provided;
  • Certified copy of Birth Certificate;
  • Two (2) colour passport-size photographs;
  • Biological parents of the Minor should make the application IN PERSON.

Note: Consent by both parents or guardian in respect of minors:

  • Consent: Minors must produce the written consent of both their parents or their guardians, as the case may be, before they may be granted an ETC. The required consent, with certain exceptions, by the parents or guardians must be submitted to the High Commission in WRITING.

Exceptions: If one of the parents is deceased, this fact must be stated. Where the consent is given by the guardian the circumstances of guardianship are to be stated. If, as a result of special circumstances (e.g. the absence of a parent) it is not possible to complete the certificate, written consent in some other form (e.g. a letter from the absent parent) will be accepted. If a parent(or guardian) withholds his/her consent or if for some sound reason such consent cannot be obtained an explanation should accompany the application. Any court order in respect of the custody of the child must be forwarded with the explanation. Each case will be considered on its own merits.


The fee for an Emergency Travel Document is £15.00.

From 1st September 2012, all applicants must deposit the fee at the Bank Account of the High Commission, before applying for an Emergency Travel Document. They should then submit the receipt (which must be stamped by the bank) with their Application Form. The details of the Bank Account for Visa and Consular Fees are as follows: